What is Agnucaston?
Agnucaston is the clinically proven treatment for both the physical and emotional symptoms of PMS.
Where can I get Agnucaston?
Agnucaston is available at your nearest pharmacy.
Do I need a prescription?
No, you do not need a prescription, Agnucaston is available over the counter.
How should Agnucaston be taken?
Agnucaston is a 1 tablet daily dosage for a minimum of 3 months.
Can I take Agnucaston together with the contraceptive pill?
Yes you can, Agnucaston has no interaction with oral contraceptives.
Will my medical aid pay for Agnucaston?
Agnucaston is reimbursed by most medical aids.
1 Sherborne Road
1. Prilepskaya VN, Ledina AV, Tagiyeva AV, Revazova FS. Vitex agnus castus: Succesful treatment of moderate to severe premenstrual syndrome. The European Menopause Journal 2006; 55-66
2. Bocker R, Schuldt M, Marz RW. How do female MDs and gynaecologists treat their gynaecological complaints? Results of survey of Agnucaston and Mastodynon. Bionorica AG. 1998
3. ESCOP Agni Casti Fructus. In: E/S/C/O/P Monographs. 2nd Edition. Thieme Verlag. 2003: 8-13.
4. Agnucaston Package Insert
5. National Association of Premenstrual Syndrome. Does Agnus castus interact with contraceptive pill [Internet] 2006. (cited 12 Septemper 2018)
6. Zhong He, Rong Chen, Yingfang Zhou et al. Treatment for premenstrual syndrome with Vitex agnus castus: A prospective, randomized, multi-center placebo-controlled study in China. Maturius.2009;63(1): 99-103
*Study conducted with Agnucaston and Mastodynon, both containing VITEX AGNUS CASTUS BNO1095 does not disclose data per product.
Agnucaston Film-Coated Tablets. Each film-coated tablet contains 4,0 mg dry extract of chaste tree fruits. (Special extract BNO1095) (7-11:1); extracting agent: ethanol 70% (v/v). Contains sugar (lactose monohydrate)
Applicant: Camox Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd, PO Box 1252, Crown Mines, 2025.
Marketed by: Austell Laboratories (Pty) Ltd, 0860 287 835, www.austell.co.za. PMX: 883/09_2018